Monday, March 2, 2009

I Forget about Diner Food.

There is so much of it! I went to a trendy little (well, actually, it was quite large) diner for dinner tonight and, as always, ordered WAY TOO MUCH food. (Dang! I do that all the time!) When I got it back to my hotel room, I was (pleasantly?) surprised that the salad was practically doubled and my matzo ball soup (hey, I'm in Jersey, what else would I have?) container was HUGE! Good Lord. I hate wasting food, so I usually keep it for the next day, but this time, I couldn't do it. Nope, not me. (I'm growing. I mean, my mind is growing, not my waistline.) I, Kelly Anne, actually threw food away (gasp)! Can you believe it? It's a transformative moment and I'm so happy you all are here to share (read) it with me.

In other news, I'm loving the rawness and trashiness of Jersey. It's so great here! I walked into a restaurant last night and found the Jersey dream...a young girl (about 17) with big black hair piled on her head and white pencil rimming her black eyes with shimmery pink lipstick and a beautiful Jersey accent. It was the definition of New Jersey right there before me in a living and breathing person. I wanted to take her all in, but my breadsticks were waiting and I didn't want them to get cold.

Today was a rather interesting day, as there was a HUGE storm that ravaged through the Northeastern states and canceled schools all over the New York and New Jersey areas. My colleague and I finished our work around 12:30pm (unheard of in this business) and drove to our next location (the delightful city of Edison, NJ) by 2pm. So, I've been chilling and working out and calling my insurance company and watching television and entertaining myself for the past 9 hours. It's on the rare occasion that I'm able to relax so heartily. It takes effort on my part.

Tomorrow, we're driving to Newark, then Allentown, then State College, and finally, I will spend the weekend in NYC. I haven't been there since high school (2000), so I believe there's lots to see and I'm ready for it. Besides high tea at the Ritz-Carlton on Saturday, we've nothing to do! Sounds like a beautiful prospect to me...

No comments: