Sunday, September 7, 2008

Sunny Seattle

It's beautiful outside. Seattle summer (well...not exactly anymore as it's after Labor Day) is unparalleled when it's sunny outside. No humidity, only true warmth from the sun; rare stillness, usually a sweeping western ocean breeze. It's quite a delight to relish these days, and maybe even more so because they happen so seldom.

In any case, I've been doing nothing for about a week now and I'm enjoying it IMMENSELY. Sleeping, reading, walking, hanging, eating, running, chatting. That's really all of which my life is comprised at the moment and the success of my relaxation is immeasurable.

JH started grad school last week and it sure does bring up memories for me. He's in a program that runs from 9am to 4pm and I can't decide if his schooling reminds me more of elementary school (somehow, the month of September always reminds me of piling on the bus as an 8-year-old) or of grad school (in which case, my upchuck reflexes are on red alert). Fortunately, he has been an instrumental part of changing Seattle's associations in my mind - this summer was so terrific that my memories of this city as a complete mistake are almost completely repressed! And now, for only $99.95, you too can have your memories obliterated. Just click on THIS LINK and it can be yours!

Peace out peeps.

No comments: