Friday, September 19, 2008

My Hair is Longer, My Boobs are Bigger, and My Spirits are Down.

I just happen to glance at the photo I have up on this blog (to the right of this post) and I got thinking about when that picture was taken. It was captured in Geneva, Switzerland in June 2007 while waiting for dinner to be served (best dinner I ever had). Now, my hair is definitely longer (15 months of growing will do that to you), my boobs are probably smaller since I lost weight on the road last year, and my spirit is not down permanently, but it's dragging right now. I need something to do with my time. I'm like a black hole -- sucking in everything in my path and leaving a cold, damp wake. Speaking of wake (and cold/damp), JH and I are supposed to go jetskiing this afternoon, but it's about 60 degrees outside and fairly chilly. Humph. This irritability thing is really starting to become perpetual. I think it's time to structure my days so that I'm not caught up in my mood. I need something else to focus on, something with purpose, something I need to be driven for, something I can feel invested in. I should start to dance. I want to take class, but my goal was to spend as little money as possible this month. I think I'm doing a good job. Plus, I really am taking a dance class - salsa.

In fact, we had our second class last night and I feel like I want more of a challenge. Naturally, since I've taken one higher level class and danced with people of higher skill, I've come to understand the beat of the music and how to follow. In my Level 1 class, I'm practically leading my leaders because they don't really know what they're doing. SO, in effect, I become bored. I suppose I'm learning and getting better, too, but I just want to dance and be sweaty and be spun around 12 times and get really hot and winded! Know what I'm saying? I want to feel the beat and screw up and have fun and enjoy my partner and get really "into" it! It's been awhile since I've done that with any type of dancing!

In other news, we're interviewing roommate candidates today and Sunday. It's been interesting - we have about 7 girls interested and 2 rooms to fill. I think we'll be able to commit to someone by Monday. Stay tuned to figure out who my new roomies will be...

1 comment:

ari said...

I agree, we need some scheduling... I'm getting the same black hole feeling. Yoga tomorrow maybe?