Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Happy Tax Day!

I hope you all are receiving stellar returns on all of the income tax you've paid this year.

In other news, my birthday is one week from today and I can't decide for the life of me what I want to do for it this year. I'm hung up on perfection: I want it to be fun for everyone, but in trying to achieve that, I'm losing the sense of what I want! Argh! I've asked too many people for their opinions. Most of you know how much I love my birthday, so the fact that it's getting to be a hassle to plan is really a shame. I gotta shake it off! Put my game face on! Talk it out! Anything we do for my birthday will be great as long as I shrug off all of these crazy expectations! Ah, easier said than done. I'm putting too much pressure on myself and it's not fun anymore. :(

And, as always, I have a magnificent birthday list this year, which I'm sure all of you would love to peek at, so here goes:

-Cake from Whole Foods or Le Fournil (you know, those ones that you always see there and never get because you don't have anything to get it for...but they look so delicious! But I also love ice cream cakes, cookie cakes, homemade cakes and pies and cupcakes and cookies...or maybe we should stick with fruit this year...)
-Gift cards for classes (hip hop, yoga, strip tease)
-Ralph by Ralph Lauren perfume (or should I switch scents?)
-Sonicare toothbrush (well, this wouldn't really be the funnest thing to get for a birthday)
-Make up from Sephora (perhaps a gift card would be better)
-New clothes! (specifically, tall boots or cowboy boots)
-The **new** Gavin DeGraw CD! (Yay! Came out today! I might get it for myself...)
-A fun day with you! (An experience together is always better than material things...)
-Anything that reminds you of me or that you feel compelled to send to me to make my birthday that much more special... :)

I'm not that difficult. You could get me a massage or bring me a cup of homemade coffee or just call me to tell me you love me - anything extra on a birthday makes it 100% better because I know that someone was thinking about me and took the time to do something special. That kind of love is always the best feeling and every year, I'm surprised at and humbled by who remembers my birthday.

Anyhow, right now I'm in Cincinnati, Ohio at a Holiday Inn that's a fricking million miles away from the airport and we have a 5pm flight to catch tonight. Last night, coming in from Cleveland, we saw the most amazing thing: a military jet refuel in mid-air! It was really incredible to see and something I don't believe I'll ever witness again in my lifetime. I feel really lucky to experience these type of things on the road. I always feel grateful for my life and the people in it, but right now, I feel especially blessed to be where I am.

Thank you universe! Thank you friends and family! :)

No comments: