Tuesday, April 22, 2008

HAPPY 25TH BIRTHDAY TO ME!

I literally popped out of bed this morning at 4:30am, ready to start my day! I love my birthday! Truly, it's the only day of the year that I get to say, "It's my BIRTHDAY!" I can't believe it's here!

So, I stretched a bit, pondered some special birthday thoughts, and then jumped in the shower for 20 long and glorious minutes. I pampered myself this morning with a full exfoliation and body scrub, a face mask, and a leg shave. Then, I blowdryed my hair (something I never do unless I'm going out on the town - for work, it's out of the question), dressed myself in my new birthday outfit (emerald green wrap top with a black pencil skirt and heels), put on some makeup on my already beautiful and glowing face, and made myself a GREAT lunch (craisin, pecan, and blue cheese salad from Whole Foods with fresh strawberries, yummy crackers, and a chocolate chip cookie)! I sashayed out the door with a smile on my face and a song in my heart around 6am, ran to Top Pot for my favorite coffee and a free birthday donut, and drove to work. On my way, I called both my parents (in an unlikely, but very Kelly birthday gesture) to tell them -- "It's my BIRTHDAY!" Naturally, right? I know they know what day it is, it's just a matter of getting to celebrate WITH them in the moment of excitment!

I got to work and one of my coworkers brought me some birthday donuts (yum...we all know how I feel about donuts), and I found my cube was decorated with birthday paraphenilia when I got here! I got some birthday hugs, smiles, and well-wishes...plus, you better believe I'm totally wearing my "Birthday Girl" pin! I've been getting emails, texts, faxes (!) and voicemail messages all day long and THEN, just about 10 minutes ago, I got two dozen birthday roses from my parents delivered to me at work! I feel so loved! :)

Thank you! Happy Birthday to me!

1 comment:

Andra Brion said...

Happy Birthday Kelly!!! I hope you had a great day!

p.s. I finallly found your blog again, so I have some catching up to do!