Sunday, June 15, 2008

El Nino, My ASS.

It's June and we still have the heat on.

There is something dreadfully wrong with this situation.

When places such as Fairbanks, Alaska and Siberia are experiencing higher temperatures than where I live, I deserve the chance to whine.

I swear, since Seattle hit a record high of 91 on May 17, we haven't been past 60 damn degrees for the whole of 2008. Shit, it's almost 2009! By the looks of it, we'll be sitting pretty at 65 in the dead of summer! Boo hiss from the Midwestern girl who grew up with 90 degree summers and such intense humidity that a regular day was like swimming with your clothes on until 9pm at night when Mother Nature would provide a necessary reprieve from the heat. I'll say it again: Boo hiss.

I slept for just about 15 hours today. It's like I'm making up for lost times. Or I'm fighting something off. (Like a sickness, not like a Ninja Warrior or something dangerous.)

My stomach hurts. What's new?

No comments: