Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Sunny-ness and Bliss

I'm feeling rather good this week. This is the result of a broader perspective (thank you, 2009!), sunny locations (Salt Lake City, Phoenix, El Paso), and early flight arrivals (YEAH!) - I think this means that 2009 will be a successful year for me.

I've been able to get out at lunchtime and go for a quick walk or run in the past three cities. Salt Lake City was holding steady at a beautiful 40 degrees yesterday while Phoenix was at a sultry 70 degrees this afternoon (and that southwestern sun is HOT!) when I took my crossword puzzle outside to bask for a bit and get my monthly dose of Vitamin D. I can't tell you how happy I am to be in the south this week considering the wickedly cold weather that's blasting through the midwestern parts of the country right now. I don't envy those in cities below zero, that's for sure! And this isn't the end of the road for my experience with beautiful weather this winter. This weekend, I'm in Vegas with my colleagues, then next week I'm headed to sunny California (and will also be visiting some good friends in the process). After that, I'm off to Portland for a weekend of fun with JH, and then California again before flying off to Hawaii for a Friday seminar and a wild Saturday of craziness with another coworker. As we get into February, I'm back to a slew of of east coast dates with cities in Virginia, Maryland, New York, and New Jersey. I spend nearly all of March on the east coast (with weekends in NYC and possibly Boston as well as Green Bay) and April is yet to be seen. By that time, I'll probably be off the road and into the office until July.

Sorry about that. I didn't realize this was turning into my time to plan for the next 8 months instead of my time to blog. Silly me!

In any case, 2009 is getting started on the right foot. Now, I'm going to retire to my 'deluxe' room in the Radisson (Hello sleep number beds!) to eat my Mexican beef steak with ranchero sauce, watch bad television, and primp for Vegas.

No comments: