Friday, December 5, 2008

My Xmas List

I know this is a popular post every year along with my infamous "Birthday List" (items carry over, if you didn't realize), so I thought I'd type it out again this year. I think most of you like the specificity and conviction with which I write this list. BUT, I am reluctant to post it because I don't actually WANT any gifts - I don't believe in Christmas presents! It's my new thing for multiple reasons:

1. I do not affiliate myself with a religion and thus, only celebrate Christmas for the food and presents (and the company, I suppose). This, I feel, is greedy and gluttonous on my part. I need nothing (well...except for what's listed). So, in an effort to curb my desire for presents, I have focused on making birthdays more important. Christmas, to me, is a time of family and fun.

2. Part of the pleasure of Christmas is having kids around. Children are no longer a part of my immediate family (and let's keep it that way for a while, Tyler John) and thus, I shouldn't have to get anyone gifts. Hurumph.

3. I HATE FEELING OBLIGATED TO BUY PEOPLE GIFTS. Except on their birthdays. I love birthdays!

4. I'm saving my money. I'm donating my time this year!

As most of you already know, this list is compiled throughout the year whenever I have a brilliant idea (which is often). So, without any further ado, here is my Christmas list for 2008.

-Sonicare toothbrush
-Brightly colored high heeled shoes
-Sephora giftcard or anything from this amazing store
-Nice bed sheets (high thread count)
-Boyfriend watch (Fossil has nice ones)
-Leather bomber jacket (let's make it real leather, people)
-Teeth grill (preferably one that says my name)
-Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles vintage tee shirt
-Balderdash (such a fun game)
-Yoga mat (I've been needing one for a while)
-Ralph by Ralph Lauren perfume
-Notorious by Ralph Lauren perfume
-Chance by Chanel perfume
-CDs: Britney, Beyonce, Leona Lewis (I'm old school)
-And if you really like me, you can get me a new MacBook.

There's more, but I'll leave you with that.

Happy Holidays!

No comments: