Friday, December 12, 2008

Sickity Sick Sick

I'm not sick yet, but I can feel it starting to infiltrate my body, mind, and soul. It's in there, hibernating, but still too frightened to rear it's ugly, snot-filled, ache-inducing head. I need a break. And the break will be well-deserved considering I've been working my ass off these past few weeks. Harder than I've ever worked, or so it seems.

I'm in the office today which is a nice change from traveling. I've been on two-day conferences all week (as opposed to the typical one-day seminars) and I'm beginning to go a little bit crazy in the head. It might be the sickness taking over. From inside my head, it feels double its normal size. You know, I don't think that's a good sign.

This weekend is busy because when you wake up one morning and find yourself as one half of a couple, you also find yourself adhering to, committing to, CHAINED TO someone else's schedule. (Oh, I'm kidding. I'm just being dramatic so you all feel sorry for me. I need a little pity in my life.) There's a Christmas party tonight, a day of Christmas fun tomorrow, a much-needed Christmas eyebrow waxing and haircut tomorrow afternoon, and a Christmas wine-tasting event tomorrow night. I'm even hoping to squeeze in White Christmas (my favorite movie) and some Christmas cookies to boot. Christmas is taking over my life! (Along with this sickness.) I really shouldn't jinx myself in such ways. Louise Hay always says that thinking with intention is one of the most powerful ways to attract ideas into one's life. By intentionally thinking I'm sick, I'm bound to be sick in about 72 hours. Egads! (That's my favorite answer to a crossword puzzle clue.)

I'm healthy and strong. I'm full of life and energy. I'm enthusiastic and joyful.

I'm full of shit! Merry Xmas, G-damnit!

No comments: