Friday, October 3, 2008

I've Emerged.

Yep, I cried and now I'm out from under the bus. I know people were alarmed by my melodramatic tale of gloom and doom and change, but I'm really okay. I just felt lost and upset and I couldn't quite place my feelings of unrest.

In other news, this week has been busy. I've been getting up early (shocker, I know!) and starting my days with a bang (!) in order to be productive and get used to a regular schedule again. I'll definitely need the regularity.

On Wednesday night, I went to a Gavin DeGraw concert at the Showbox with JH and some friends. It was a fun night altogether, but I happen to wear some new boots that made my feet hurt a bit, so I suppose it could have been better. Gavin performed in typical fashion: Sexy, sultry, innocent, passionate. When asked, I told JH that I would pay $50 at most to have sex with Gavin. No more, though. Not even $50 and a penny. He's gotten cockier over the years which is a turnoff for me; at the last concert I saw (with my bro!), he seemed sweeter, not as corrupted by fame, a bit more down-to-earth. That stuff matters, you know.

I got up early on Thursday morning (I'm talking before 6am here...) to go to Yakima (wine country!) with AH and her parents. My new roommate (KB) and her gf attended as well, and we road tripped it to pick grapes for AH's dad's batch of 2008 homemade wine. We had a great time snipping and clipping and gossiping away! I became the so-called "mascot" after my lovely friends began to get their laughs by throwing smashed grapes at my white tee shirt. I didn't realize I would be a target for their fun! We finished up picking within a few hours, had "dinch" (the hybrid of lunch and dinner), and drove back to Seattle just in time to make it to salsa class where JH and I tore up the floor. He's getting really good! Now, I just need to invest in some salsa music so I can practice...

Last night, we watched the vice presidential debates (which were interesting) and had a long conversation about all of the changes that are happening in our lives right now (people getting married, people having kids, people finding jobs, people finding themselves). I'm learning that I can really depend on JH for so many things and most of all, for constant support as a really close friend. He's so great! It's nice to be on the same page with someone you care about and respect; you feel like you're not alone in the game of life. Know what I mean? I guess I feel that way about some of my friends, too, and it's really reassuring to realize that there's always someone who's got my back.

This morning, I came home to meet with a potential roommate and I LOVE HER. She is amazingly terrific and I want her to live here. She'd be great and I think the apartment dynamics would be really relaxed and easy-going. Though it's weird to think that I'm leaving in a little over a week's time and I'll essentially be gone for 8 months. I know it's the same as last year, but it's really not...it's oh-so-different.

Tonight, I'm going on a double date (me, JH, KB, CJ) for dinner and a laser show, perhaps? I can guarantee there will be mighty interesting conversation! Jealous? I know you are!

My life is cool. (Confirmed by the fact that I have just started to research how many men the women on "Sex and the City" sleep with throughout the series. I'm on season 2 and we're already in double digits for some. I'll keep you in the know.)

1 comment:

Andra Brion said...

Okay, so I've always wondered that about SATC! I seriously think that everytime I watch it! Let me know what you find! Can't wait to see you next weekend!!!

Love and miss you!

-Andra