Friday, August 15, 2008

Sacramento's Hot

So get outta the kitchen!

I'm buzzing on caffeinated espresso right now -- I should know by now that every time I specify DECAF, I should always double check just to be sure. Otherwise, I'm at the bean's mercy! So, here I am with the shakes and sweats...and a dry, sore throat to boot.

I'm also unbelievably tan! Or rather, black, if you'd like to visualize my skin color. Well, maybe I'm more of a golden dark brown. It's interesting what the sun will do to you when you let it. (That doesn't mean I don't use SPF.) Speaking of, I'm just about ready to go to the pool. I'm on vacation in Sacramento visiting KR (who moved last week if you've lost track), but she's at new-hire orientation right now, so I hung out with her mom all day. We enjoyed each other's company while getting coffee, eating lunch (yes, I'm now officially a "lady who lunches"), running errands to Costco and Home Depot. All interesting things that need to be done. I talked with a long lost French friend today who called my cell phone from across the globe and made my day, I spoke with JH who is currently residing in Seattle and on his way to try out for a new reality television show as I type, I tried to change my flight from Tuesday night to Monday night in order to get home and start preparing for the arrival of EIV (Extremely Important Visitors) who touchdown in Seattle in 10 days. (!!!) So much to do.

In other news, here are some tidbits of my stay in the lovely Sacramento, CA:
1) I can barely stay awake for more than 5 hours at a time and thus, my visit has been peppered with frequent naps. I guess I'm tired?
2) I've been eating out for every meal - and, in trusting KR's opinion on food, I have not been disappointed. Well, only once.
3) It's %*!#ing HOT here! I'm dying in this heat!
4) I chipped my tooth last night while eating a tostada on a fork. Bad idea, I'm willing to admit.
5) We're going to the California State Fair this weekend, thus 2/3 of the way to my goal of successfully attending the 3 biggest state fairs in the country: California (#1), Texas (#2), and Minnesota (#3).

Alright, I've gotta go to the pool. I know, tough life. But somebody's gotta do it.

Peace out.

2 comments:

ari said...

Sounds like fun! It's going to be sweltering up in Seattle today too... almost 100 supposedly. I fully intend to do what i have to do pre-noon, then lounge by the pool when it's nice and hot out.

Yay for melting in the heat two states apart! :)

Andra Brion said...

Does this mean you are coming to the MN state fair this year!?!? It starts on Thursday!