Saturday, August 23, 2008

Aie.

I'm sitting on the toilet while I type this. I figure that might be too much information, but everyone knows TMI is my typical MO. In any case, I have a stomach ache that is proving to be difficult to cure. Cramps? Indigestion? Lactose intolerance? We'll find out soon when I come across a holistic therapist to listen to my whining. I'm convinced that my frequent intestinal blockages have nothing to do with food. I'm serious - I think my emotional issues are being manifest physically. Psychosomatic symptoms is what I'd like to think of this as.

So, my boyfriend is meeting my family next week. Since moving to Seattle, I've always wondered what it would be like to meet someone here and have to introduce him to my parents while they are on some random, unlikely visit to see me. Well, I supposed I'm living it now. Have you ever had that happen? You know, you (for lack of better words) dream of some fairly obscure, but completely possible circumstance (an ideal job, a beautiful apartment, a wonderful mate) that could eventually happen to you in later years and then, suddenly, before you know it, you're LIVING it and you can't quite remember what happened between then and now? That's how I feel! It's like I can't really grasp how everything happened, but IT DID and I guess that's the important part. It's weird - it seems like YEARS have passed since JH and I worked together (and were 2 corners of a love triangle) when really, it was less than a month ago that we did so. And a year ago today, I was just starting my school psychology internship with KR in a district south of Seattle. I didn't even KNOW JH existed. I didn't even KNOW the company I now work for existed. I had less than a few friends in Seattle and now, I am armed with plenty of people to hang with. It's really incredible what can happen in a year's time!

Speaking of work peeps, I hung out with one of my favorite friends tonight. We'll call her AB. It was a perfect summer night - we met in this beautiful area of Seattle called Madison Park, then we went to a Mariner's game at Safeco stadium (a great venue!) for a few innings, then we got ice cream at this sweet little shop in Wallingford called Molly Moon's. We shared 2 sundaes. We're a match made in heaven and we're practically dating which means that I have a boyfriend AND a girlfriend. Don't worry Mom and Dad, you'll get to meet her, too. In fact, JH even told me today that AB seems to be replacing him (minus the sex). He might be right! :)

Now, I think I should retire to bed. I've been busy these past few days - what with all the redecoration that I'm doing around here in preparation for VIP visitations in upcoming days, I'm exhausted! (Actually, I need to go plan the schedule of events...to be posted soon!)

OH, and I've got to rate my Sacramento restaurants, too. Aie - lots to do!

No comments: