Monday, May 19, 2008

A Most Amazing Weekend!

My energy is waning at the moment, but that certainly does not mean that I can't explain my incredible weekend.

It was fricking insane, this weekend. It was just about perfect, if such a thing exists! (Well, unless you argue that EVERYTHING is perfect, in which case, it was still perfect and maybe even more so.) And I drank A LOT. I even forgot I drank so much! I think I need to put a cap on it! (Haha, literally!)

On Friday, I went to happy hour with coworkers at this great place in Eastlake. (Good food and drink specials, amazing view of Lake Union...I think I've explained this before.) We arrived around 3pm and I stayed until 7:30pm -- chatting it up (as always) and being one of the last to leave. The weather was so beautiful (80 degrees and sunny) that I didn't want to leave! I went home, showered (being careful not to scrub my sunburned skin too hard), and drove over to another coworkers apartment so that we could meet her friends out for drinks in Belltown, which is a hip neighborhood near downtown Seattle. We went to a great little Italian place and split a bottle of white wine between the two of us. Then, we went to get late night sushi which is where bf (to be known as JH) met us to drive our drunk asses home. (Have you seen me after one drink? Imagine me after a 1/2 bottle of wine...)

On Saturday, I slept in (until 7am...woohoo!) and finally got my butt out of bed at 9am. I had brunch with BFF (to be known as KR) and family around 11am which was fantasic! It was really nice to see people in her life that I haven't seen in a while and the food was pretty dang tasty. Conversation was delightful and pierced with laughter, and the weather was nothing shy of GORGEOUS. Shortly thereafter, I rushed to the grocery store to pick up some fixings (salad and fruit...yummy) for boating and made my way to JH's house to prepare. We hung out, waited for friends and his family (brother and wife) to arrive, and made each other laugh, which is pretty typical for us. We also lazed around on the dock in the 90 degree heat/sunshine and periodically dipped our toes into the freakishly cold water. After a few hours of just chilling, we hopped on the boat and sped around Lake Washington...and had a fricking ball doing so. It was such a superfun experience!!! Especially since I'm not very accustomed to boating nor have I ever been out on Lake Washington, so they showed me all the sights and I felt overwhelmed with thankfulness at living in such a beautiful place and being a part of such a terrific social network. (I REALLY FEEL AMAZED AT MY LIFE!)

Weekend details to be continued...

2 comments:

CĂ©line said...

Hurry up to come to France! They are talking about banning Happy Hour... They say it's to fight alcoholism!
Tomorrow's plans: going to work by bike because there is a strike...
I love France!

Becca said...

boyfriend?!?!!
clearly you have news! do share.
~Becca