Friday, May 16, 2008

Seattle is Beautiful in the Morning

Gosh, at 5:45am, you can't beat a clear day in Seattle! Butterscotch-colored sun streaming over the Cascade Mountains...blurred Mount Rainier towering above the city...relaxed Kelly Anne driving across a gleaming Lake Washington to work on the Eastside.

It's been a busy day - mostly, I feel like I'm treading water. More and more work keeps piling up and I am having difficulty focusing! Not to mention the fact that it's about 80 degrees outside (no humidity, mind you) and the weather is SO PERFECT that it's got us all stir-crazy here in the office. Even though the posting time may read something different, it's almost 2pm right now and I am positively ITCHING to get to happy hour at Eastlake Bar & Grill where it's our goal to become summer regulars. (Great food and drink specials! Spectacular view of Lake Union!)

This weekend has a lot in store for me. My boyfriend...(did I really just consciously type that?)...has become my social planner and thus, I have a pretty packed few days. (Can you believe he's MY social planner? Seriously...) Tonight is happy hour, then perhaps a run around Greenlake and maybe dinner and drinks with friends ("drinks with friends"? I feel like such an hip and urban 20-something...). Tomorrow, I have brunch with BFF and family at a nice spot in Wallingford, then I'm going boating and to a concert with bf (not to be confused with BFF) and friends. Sunday holds many surprises mainly because I have no idea what I'm doing besides enjoying the Seattle pre-summer sunshine.

Oh, and don't be surprised if that "boyfriend" word gets edited out in about...30 seconds after I post. I'm not too comfortable with it...

Have a good weekend!

No comments: