Monday, June 7, 2010

A Recap of Ma Birfday

Since I have so many events and activities to share from the past 6 weeks, I figured I'd start slow and work my way to June. (June!) My recent goals have included living my life with more intention which means reflecting more, blogging more, meditating more, remembering more, and essentially allowing my life to be more purposeful. In that, I'm hoping to enjoy each moment and connect with people more. And slow down my life. It moves so fast!

I'm going to start with birthday fun...

Here are the flowers I found on my desk a week before my big day! (My work girls are so sweet.)


Kickin' off the week in style. Thursday didn't even exist -- it was only my day! :) See below for proof.


And then...it snuck up out of nowhere! Happy Birthday to me!


My parents sent me a letter each day in the month of April. Look at what it produced:


Birthday donuts from VooDoo. Some (really good and smart) friends brought them up from Portland and stopped by to say hello! Sweet!


More flowers from work ladies on my big day! They spoil me!


Surprise! A dozen roses (with 27 Top Pot donuts!) from Jason...My best bf!


Jason got me the most beautiful necklace and the sweetest, most loveliest card during dinner at one of my favorite restaurants in Seattle, Bizzarro. (They're lasagna is a meal of perfection.) But it was super weird because the owner of the restaurant served us and then, at the end of the night, he pulled up a chair at our table with an after dinner drink in one hand and invited us out to a concert in Queen Anne (a Seattle neighborhood). THEN, he proceeded to spill his drink ALL OVER JASON. And he didn't apologize. And he was super awkward when Jason joked about "moving in on his girl." Bizarre, right? (No pun intended.)

See the necklace? So pretty!


And finally, Jason's mom took me and Jason's sister-in-law out for birthday manicures and pedicures. Girls night!


It was a super wonderful, scrumptious, delightful birthday! Thank you for all the love!

No comments: