Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Funny You Should Joke About Toilet Water...

I got up early on Sunday morning to walk Greenlake with a friend of mine. Jason and I had tickets to the Seahawks game, so I figured I'd be back in time for a fast shower and we could be ready to go pretty quickly thereafter. After a lovely trot around the lake, I was refreshed and renewed for the day. I arrived at my apartment, opened the door, and immediately heard "KELLY? KELLY?" in a muffled voice coming from the bathroom. I put my stuff down on the table and made my way to the noises. As I opened the door, I could barely hold back a laugh as I realized that Jason, completely in the nude, was standing over the toilet and gripping onto something in the tank while dirty toilet water covered the floor of the bathroom.

"I've been standing here for 15 minutes," he cried. I was practically hysterical...but I was smart enough not to let it show. He was pretty traumatized. I let the tank fill back up (he was holding onto the tube which fills the toilet tank, scared to let it go in fear that it would continue to flood the bathroom) and took all of the towels off of their respective racks to sop up the floor. It took 7 towels to wipe up the mess as well as 3 hand towels, some random paper towels, and the bathroom rugs to boot.

Luckily, my roommate was doing her laundry later in the day.

5 comments:

Ty said...

Why was Jason taking a deuce nude?

CĂ©line said...

Your toilet is amazing!!! Doesn't that ring a bell to you?
Isn't that funny, the word verification to post a comment starts with "water"...

Kelly Anne said...

I forgot to mention that he was naked because he had just gotten out of the shower. Sorry Ty, no nude deuce.

Ty said...

Who deuces after they shower?

Kelly Anne said...

Oh geez. It was a PAPER TOWEL BACK UP for crying out loud! We ran out of toilet paper and it backed up. Enough with the analysis!