Sunday, September 27, 2009

Green Bay!

For those of you who don't know, Jason and I decided to road trip across the northern United States to a little place in the middle of my heart called Green Bay, Wisconsin. I came up with the idea while talking to my mom on Labor Day and I approached Jason about it shortly thereafter. We pondered it for about a week and came to a decision about two weeks ago - let's just do it! Unemployment can't afford us a lot, but it can afford us the time to take a long trip...and DRIVE at that! So, after a lot of planning, a little agony when I realized that I would miss a friend in town, and a weekend visit from two of my cousins, we made the trek across Washington, Idaho, Montana, North Dakota, Minnesota, and Wisconsin.

It was an interesting trip...we stopped in Spokane at my pseudo-sister's apartment, I got sick and lost my voice for half the drive, we couldn't find a hotel in Bismarck, so we stayed in Jamestown, North Dakota, and I successfully locked the keys in my car during a gas stop in Billings, Montana. Phew! But, we got here. We made it.

Success!

No comments: