Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Summa, Summa, Summa-time...

I love this time of the year in the Midwest. It's clean, fresh, breezy, warm, and it brings back so many good memories. Like when things weren't so complicated (read: before one needed to work to have money to pay for stuff) and I would spend summers waking up early to practice dance for five hours in the sweltering humidity or barely working at the newly-opened gas station down the road and eating my daily Wendy's Big Bacon Classic with a cup of free French Vanilla "cappuccino" or taking walks with my mom right before dusk when the heat had dissipated and the mosquitoes were ready to bite or laying outside in the backyard on my cat blanket with headphones on and one book, one magazine, one writing utensil, one pad of paper, and new CD...just in case I got bored. Ahhh. Those were all wonderful moments while they lasted.

Seattle just isn't the same. I need the pain and relief of humidity!

No comments: