Monday, May 11, 2009

A New Low

I exercised in a business park today. At least it had a lake!

I'm in Fishkill, New York tonight. We just drove from Bristol, Connecticut which is the home of ESPN. Interesting, right?

I had a great, GREAT weekend in Boston. I love that city! Before driving to the home of the Red Sox, I ended my week in Portland, Maine. On my way down, I decided to take a little detour and stop in the posh Kennebunks (on the coast of Maine) for a few hours. What a beautiful place! I went to Old Orchard Beach and walked near the Atlantic...


...I got caught in a crazy thunderstorm and got ice cream...


...I made my way to Kennebunkport and did a little shopping...


...and took some pictures of the beautiful seaside town...


I couldn't decide on what kind of (homemade!) ice cream to get, so I got the "sampler" (oh man) with these flavors: Almond Joy, Mocha Chip, Peanut Butter, and Mint Chocolate Chip. I wasn't disappointed!

And in Boston, we went to a great pub called Christopher's in Porter Square on Friday night and then on Saturday, we hit the Boston Harbor Hotel for afternoon tea, the Boston Commons, Faneuil Market, the North End (where Little Italy resides), Newbury Street shopping, and strode along the Charles river. We grabbed a drink at the oldest tavern in the USA (Bell in Hand since 1795), we dined at the infamous Mike's Diner by Boston University Medical Center, we had a little snack (and pink sangria!) on the outdoor patio at Joe's on Newbury.

Overall, the weekend was wonderful and I totally want to move to Boston!

No comments: