Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Schnectady, New York

A few fun facts about me right now:

1) I just ate at Chez Daisie Creperie in preparation for my trip to France. Yum!

2) I'm in a ramshackle, depressed city where bizarre behavior seems to be frequent. I think I've seen at least 15 people limp across the (near barren) streets of downtown. One guy tried to cross and literally just stood right in the middle of the right lane while I was trying to drive by. He was on his cell phone (not to be bothered by the 10 cars moving in the road ahead of him) and he was really indecisive when choosing what to do: Move back to the curb or cross? Move back to the curb or cross? MAKE A DAMN DECISION! I'M DRIVING AND I'M IMPATIENT AND I WILL NOT HESITATE TO RUN YOU OVER! I don't really like it here.

3) I really hate it when people rummage through my stuff on the job.

4) I'm drinking flavorless chai tea at this very moment. It's disappointing.

5) Our Holiday Inn sells pints of Ben & Jerry's ice cream. I've been dreaming about them since last time I was here in March. So, last night, I traveled down to the front desk and its adjacent "Sweet Shop" to buy some. I couldn't decide which flavor to purchase (Half Baked or Phish Food?!?) and I happened to ask a young lady who was microwaving a frozen dinner to help me with my decision. I must have appeared to be seriously contemplating getting both flavors because with a quick glance at my stomach, she said, "Are you pregnant or something?"

Uh. No.

No comments: