Wednesday, February 4, 2009

A Frenzied State

I'm just about to wrap up my day in Baltimore and I thought I'd show a little "blog love" to all of my ADORING fans. (Read: Sarcasm.)

Maryland is the 45th state I've been to, thanks to this trip. I have 5 left: Delaware (to be taken care of in March by a quick drive there from Cherry Hill, New Jersey), Arkansas, Alaska, South Carolina, and West Virginia. No problem, right? Well, after this job, I can't think of another time I'd actively WANT to go to West Virginia...or Arkansas for that matter! But, I think I can swing Alaska (by way of a birthday cruise for my beautiful mother?) and South Carolina (warmer weather equals 3-day vacation spot...). I'm almost to all 50 states, now it's just a matter of broadening my list of countries and continents!

In any case, I'm headed to Richmond tonight for another seminar and more fun. I've seen a lot of my colleagues on the road this week and I'm spending the weekend in DC with a dear friend, so I've got a lot to look forward to. This is ironic, though, because I'm trying this new thing (maybe you've heard of it)...it's called: "Living in the Moment." Well, if you haven't heard of it, let me be the first to tell you, it is NOT EASY. At least for me. Phew! Lots of mental energy expended on trying to ensure I'm living IN THE PRESENT. Surely, it alleviates my stress some, but man, it's tough to do. Luckily, I have JH to help me out whenever I get too "plan happy." Yay for him! (No, I'm being serious.)

Alrighty, then. Onto my next city (and my possibly heinous drive through DC)! But hooray for Ethopian food in Virginia - it will be waiting for me when I get there!

No comments: