Thursday, October 21, 2010

The Poison of Perfectionism

I just found this article about perfectionism. It's me to a tee and it's given me a lot of insight on the difficulties of being a person who values precision (to a fault). Sometimes, I'm more concerned about the details than the bigger picture and this can seriously hinder my progress in life and love and work.

In other news, one of my girlfriends from college visited me today and I took the entire day off of work to show her my version of Seattle. We had a wonderful day. We talked nonstop from 9:30am this morning to 10:30pm tonight. My mind is reeling, but happy. I feel content and supported. Sometimes, God or the Universe knows exactly what you need when you need it. And then things just happen! We spent a lot of the day catching up on the past 5 years since college and dissecting our lives. We ate at a French bakery for breakfast, a "Washington, DC" themed pub for lunch, and an Indian restaurant for dinner. We snapped pictures, shared laughs, and enjoyed salted caramel lattes. Overall, it was a mighty delicious day.

No comments: