Monday, February 7, 2011

Turn and Face the Strange

I think I'm ready for a big life change. I was walking around my apartment tonight thinking about the 5+ years I've been here. Moving from France to Green Bay to this apartment. Going through two incredibly stressful years of graduate school. Being fat because I was unhappy. Having panic attacks because I was unhappy. Moving to Green Bay during the summer and not wanting to come back because I was so unhappy. Meeting my best friend. Walking around Greenlake with her countless times and talking about life events, goals, visions, heartbreaks. Crying when she left. Getting a new job. Traveling the country. Housing others in my room. Meeting my soon-to-be husband on the job. And somehow, always coming back to my little apartment in Wedgwood with the one gray wall that's painted with an unsteady hand and the hamsa at my door to ward away evil spirits. Feels nice to have a home.

But, I'm ready for something different. A new adventure. The almighty god of horoscopes (click here to be amazed by his awesomeness) has predicted that 2011 will be my year of Vindicating Reversals. He has indicated that there are a few questions I should be asking myself in the next 6 months...

"What confusing commotion would you like to walk away from and never come back to? What lessons have you learned so well that you're overdue to graduate from them? What long-term healing process would you like to finish up so you can finally get started on the building phase that your healing will give you the power to carry out?"

Well, I think that just about sums up my preparation for a big life change. Good thing I'm ready because someone heard somewhere that I might be getting hitched. ;)

No comments: