Monday, October 8, 2007

My First Day: Fantanstic!

I love my job! I love the company! I love the people!

It's so incredible to be in a room with 30 people and feel valued, appreciated, and generally desired for your credentials without having to be all showy, and impressive, and unnecessarily fake. It's enlightening to have trust without having to be put through the ringer. I mean, today was nothing short of amazing. I can't even really describe it -- it's such a vast difference from my deficient graduate program. It's like the graduate program experience I WISH I had.

My colleagues are all beautiful and poised and trendy and sweet and interesting and inquisitive and funny and intelligent. It was like the first day of high school, except for everyone was good-looking and super nice (albeit, intimidating, but that kind of intimidating that doesn't prevent you from being friends with people) and friendly and we weren't all 14 years old with acne and a new set of genitals we had no idea how to use. (Did I just say that?)

We had morning snacks, interesting icebreakers (I didn't even know there was such a thing), and lunch...lunch was fabulous. Downtown Bellevue, 25th floor, great view of the city, melt-in-your-mouth salmon, nothing better.

To sum it all up: Today, I felt like a celebrity.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

But of course ma cherie! You ARE a celebrity!